Have talked about Python in general with introduction into Python development environment and web development for very beginners.
- Slides: http://stuff.hotsyk.com/Talks/python101
- Ipython notebook file: http://nbviewer.ipython.org/url/stuff.hotsyk.com/Talks/python101/Python101.ipynb
Things worth to read (imho) from last week:
- Redesigning The World Cup 2014 Brazil - describing the process of building graphic identity for WC2014
- The Egison Programming Language - programming language that realized non-linear pattern-matching against unfree data types.
- Sleep as a Competitive Advantage - sleep deprivation is the "cheap" method to get additional time, but it actually costs much more
- The introduction to Reactive Programming you've been missing - reactive programming becoming a trend
- A Tour of Machine Learning Algorithms - yet another generalization of the ML algorithms
- Don’t Be Scared Of Functional Programming - really, you shouldn't be scary.
- How we build microservices at Karma - looks like all modern architectures are built with microservices
- How To Travel the World Without Jet lag - also, please remember that you should prepare youself for jetlag. I was using app for iphone for preparation.
- Dropbox Open Sources Go Libraries Following Migration From Python Code Base - looks like Go becoming more popular, however IMHO there are no good libs/fws infrastructure in it, yet.
- SSH Tricks - good ssh tricks